>kiln unloaded!

>Not too shabby, will post pictures later.

I’m not jumping up and down, but do really like them. I’m looking forward from learning and tweaking the glaze applications.

I finally gave up on mixing a clear recipe and used the studios. It took 6 days to end up with a bucket of mystery glaze. Each day I had enough time to measure out 1 ingredient. I had it all mixed, added water… oops too much water. No problem right? just add 500g… by the time i got around to adding 100g of wollastonite I had messed up on writing down what I had already added. :/

sigh. my focus just isn’t here. I need a magical glaze gnome to mix and test glazes for me.

Advertisements

One response to this post.

  1. >you're not alone! right now i have 3 big buckets of mystery glaze that i have no idea what i did wrong. i kept records, checked off each item as i measured it out and again before i put it in the bucket. still looks like poop… so now i only measure glazes either when the kids are asleep at night (too much danger of a short nap during the day) or when their dads home and in charge. i also won't do it when i'm tired lol. i can sieve the glaze when the kids are around, but don't want them around the dry chemicals. so i put the dry stuff in a bucket of water as i go and i can bring it in the house to finish. right now i've got 3-4 different glazes i have to finish off lol. 🙂

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: